Thursday September 13, 2007
All horror enthusiasts are formally invited to participate in The Second Annual South Side Zombie Walk. The event will take place in Pittsburgh's South Side on September 13, 2007.
The plan is pretty simple:
Take your pick, look at their websites to help you decide. Apply make up if you haven't already. Practice saying "Braaaiiinnnss....need braaaiiinnnnssss".
7:30 PM - Begin Walk.
Zombies exit and shamble about for a period of one hour. Eat, drink, explore the shops, but when on the street you must stay in Zombie Mode.
(See Rules of Conduct & "What is a Zombie Walk" below)
8:30 PM - Zombies Disperse.
The Zombie Walk is over. But wait! There's more...
The cast from It's Alive, Pittsburgh's own Horror Host TV show will be appearing at The Rex Theater (1602 E. Carson Street) after the walk.
Showtime will be 9:00 PM
Festivities at The Rex will include:
Filming of the It's Alive Halloween Show
The Comedy Stylings of Stiffy The Dead Clown
Live bands and much more!
Tickets will be $10.00 at the door
No advance ticket sales so don't be late!
The Rex show is an over 21 event. The Zombie Walk is all ages.
The Rex Theatre
1602 E. Carson Street, South Side Pittsburgh, PA 15203 Phone:412-381-6811
Zombie Rules of Conduct
1. Use the "haunted house" rule in that you are not to touch anyone.
2. Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations!
3. Stay on the sidewalk unless crossing the street. When crossing, it's OK to "break character" and cross quickly. Think fast "New Dawn of the Dead" zombies verses the slower "Old Dawn of the Dead" zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.
4. No drugs. None. Forget it.
5. No alcohol outside the bars. This will get you a nice fine.
6. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. Pretend the South Side is your own neighborhood and show the utmost respect. This is something we would like to do many times a year and we don't want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching us (along with the Pittsburgh Police) and this event could get world wide news coverage. Let's put on a good show.
Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at the bars and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.
Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.
What is a Zombie Walk?
A zombie walk is an organized public gathering of two or more people who dress up in zombie costumes and make up. Usually taking place in an urban centre, the participants make their way around the city streets and through shopping malls in a somewhat orderly fashion and often limping and gnawing their way towards a local cemetery (or movie theater).
During the event participants are encouraged to remain in character as zombies and to communicate only in a manner consistent with zombies (such as grunts, groans and slurred moans calling for “brains”.)
Spotlight Costumes will be applying airbrushed zombie make up before the walk. They sell everything you need to be a zombie.
Here's a nice article on zombie make up http://www.phillyburbs.com/zombies/costume.shtml